The world’s lightest standard duty fifth wheel, the Forged Aluminum Fifth Wheel: The innovative 20t forged aluminium fifth Wheel
· Up to 55 kg lighter
· Greaseless NoLube technology with low-friction, replaceable wear plates and pocket inserts
· Protection against coupling errors
· Option of additional weight reduction with weightsaver mounting plate (180, 205 and 243 mm)
Features and Benefits
True NoLube® Technology
Uses the only technology that requires no fifth wheel lubrication, including the lock.
BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
True NoLube® technology reduces maintenance time and costs. True NoLube® technology means your drivers and maintenance personnel can work faster and safer in a cleaner environment. More importantly, eliminating the use of grease is an environmentally conscious and responsible choice.
· Bracket pocket inserts are Standard
· The forged and hardened coupler jaw is protected with an advanced surface coating alloy for extreme wear resistance, optimising life expectancy and eliminating the need for lubrication
· Replaceable lube plate inserts are made with UHMW (Ultra-High Molecular Weight) polyethylene molded to a “perforated” steel reinforcement plate. This design makes the lube plates highly resistant to peeling and damage. The low friction lube plates fit into cast recesses of the top plate and are secured by studs and lock nuts
Aluminium top plate
Forged aluminium top plate manufactured by Alcoa from the same alloy as their aluminium truck wheels (6061-T6), providing the perfect combination of the lightest 20 ton fifth wheel in the world with strength and durability.
Special lock system with specific benefits:
1. High Coupling Protection. Lock system protects against coupling at an improper height.
2. Much greater King Pin-to-Lock Contact Area, compared to competitive models, for longer kingpin and lock life.
3. Forged/Cast Steel Locks. Rear lock is forged, hardened and machined steel. Front lock is machined and hardened, wear resistant alloy.
4. NoLube® Technology. Components are protected with a low-friction coating which provides long wear life and corrosion protection eliminating the need for lubrication.
5. Lock adjustment system makes the adjustment process simple and easily accessible.
Ergonomic release handle
Ergonomic release handle fully complies with the interlocking requirements of EC 94/20 and features SAF-HOLLAND’s easy-to-pull, one-hand operation “trigger lock”.
Trigger release provides automatic secondary lock to assure safe and easy operation.
Release mechanism utilizes lever arm design to minimize pull effort required.
3 years or 500,000 km in accordance with SAF-HOLLAND warranty conditions