• Constant Mesh Gearbox Design Provides Trouble-Free Shifting
• Specially Designed Shaft Seals Within Gearbox and Upper Housing Keep Water Out and Grease In
• High-Strength Ductile Iron Gears
• Ten-Bolt and Twenty-Bolt Mounting Plate Models Available
• Robust Construction Yet Light Weight
Features and Benefits
Patented Constant Mesh Gearbox Design
Eliminates high-to-low shifting problems common to traditional landing gear. Using a crankshaft with a roll pin, only the crankshaft moves to engage the drive gears. No in-or-out movement of drive gears is required - keeping the gears constantly meshed. This design not only provides smooth shifting under loaded conditions, but also prevents slip cranking and difficult high-to-low shifting in cold weather.
Patented Floatingnut with Twin-Bulkhead
The FloatingNut protects the elevating screw and threads from excessive side loading caused by dock-walk - damage which can cause poor cranking performance or binding. Unique Twin-Bulkheads, above and below the FloatingNut, further increase structural resistance to side-load forces when landing gear legs are fully extended.
BLACK ARMOUR® Metal Treatment
The BLACK ARMOUR® metal protection process chemically bonds with metal to form a protective skin that is impervious to water and anti-icing chemicals. BLACK ARMOUR® is paint compatible without pre-sanding. If scratched, BLACK ARMOUR® inhibits the spread of creep corrosion.
This eco-friendly metal treatment provides remarkable protection without the added weight and cost of galvanization.
· Guards against environmental factors, e.g. moisture, stone chipping and salt
· No rust penetration
· Long-lasting and reliable retention of value